The combination of large hole size and density allows us to achieve up to 30% void on select materials. Holes sizes typically range from 250 microns to 1,500 microns in diameter.
Common applications for thermal perforation include:
- Medical-wound dressing layers and bandages: We use our thermally perforated Polyester and Polypropylene flexible films as the contact layer for wound dressings. The soft perforated film provides a porous interface between the skin surface and the absorbent inner layer of the dressing, resulting in the efficient absorption of exudate away from the wound, which aids in rapid healing.
- Sachets for scented beads or granules that require diffusion to air or suspension in liquid: Custom perforation patterns can ensure your product stays securely inside the perforated sachet, yet permit the controlled release of the ingredient essence to the outside environment when appropriate.
- Tobacco leaf bobbins: Our thermally perforated films can be used as carrier bobbins for Tobacco leaves that must be transported from the growing fields to the Cigar making facilities. The very high porosity of these films ensures that the leaves are safely transported while maintaining the appropriate level of moisture during transportation and storage.
- Roofing materials: Perforated films are used to enhance the durability of commercial and residential roofing materials by securely binding granules to the asphalt coated base material.
This technology requires the base film to be bi-oriented. It works well on:
- Bi-oriented Polyethylene Terephthalate (BoPET)
- Bi-oriented Polypropylene (BOPP)
- Bi-oriented Nylon (BON)
- Bi-oriented Polyethylene (BOPE)
Get started on your solution
Contact us at (630) 554-0010 today to find out if one of our many existing patterns can accommodate your application.